Financial advisers need to demonstrate they have the competence, knowledge, and skill to provide regulated financial advice to retail clients if they do not hold the New Zealand Certificate in Financial Services (Level 5) V2. This goes for nominated representatives too.
To help bridge the gaps between the old advice world and the new, and demonstrate this knowledge, Strategi Institute has created a Closing the Gaps course, perfect for advisers that have already obtained a Level 5 qualification or equivalent and now need to update to the new environment.
Who needs to Close the Gaps?
- Authorised Financial Advisers without a Level 5 qualification;
- QFE advisers who will become financial advisers, or nominated representatives, in a Financial Advice Provider (FAP);
- Registered Financial Advisers who do not hold the Level 5 qualification and are not planning to get it (intending to leave the industry within two years);
- Existing financial advisers who already hold one of the Level 5 qualifications (other than Core strand of the NZCFS Level 5 V2 enrolled after 1 December 2020);
- Compliance officers and quality assurance staff of FAPs; and
- Managers within FAPs directly supervising financial advisers or nominated representatives.
What will you learn?
This practical half day course will cover the key legislation and regulation advisers need to know about, as well as the Code of Professional Conduct and good conduct obligations. We’ll also cover the six-step advice process and ways to modernise it.
Specifically, you will learn the following:
- Interpret and apply knowledge of legislation, regulation and the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services, and their impact in a general financial services context.
- Interpret and explain legislation and regulations applicable to financial advice and financial advice services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the six-step advice process to provide financial advice solutions in a general financial services context.
- Apply good conduct and the principles of professionalism in a general financial services context.
How will you be assessed
The course includes a number of scenario-based multichoice assessment questions conducted online, which take under an hour to complete. Students will be required to complete and pass 80% of all multichoice questions. Students will get two attempts to meet this requirement.
How long is the course?
The course duration is 8 weeks including additional sessions depending on the learning method selected as outlined below:
- Online learning: self-directed study via Strategi Institute CPD platform – Radar only.
- Online facilitated classroom via Zoom: self-directed study via Strategi Institute CPD platform – Radar, plus two sessions (2 hours each) of facilitated online workshop via Zoom.
- Face-to-face classroom learning: self-directed study via Strategi Institute CPD platform – Radar, plus one session of 4 hours face-to-face workshop. Students have the option to complete the assessment at the venue after the workshop.
How do I enrol?
Enrol Now and order the Closing the Gaps course.
Upon receiving your order, we will get in touch with you to obtain a valid and current form of your photo identification to finalise your enrolment.