Closing the Gaps: Classroom learning
$350.00 + GST
Our recommended solution as it provides the best overall educational experience. Our experienced facilitator takes you through the course material in one four-hour session, bringing the content to life using practical examples. Students can complete the assessment immediately after the class has finished.
What will you learn?
This practical half day course will cover the key legislation and regulation advisers need to know about, as well as the Code of Professional Conduct and good conduct obligations. We’ll also cover the six-step advice process and ways to modernise it.
Specifically, you will learn the following:
- Interpret and apply knowledge of legislation, regulation and the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services, and their impact in a general financial services context.
- Interpret and explain legislation and regulations applicable to financial advice and financial advice services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the six-step advice process to provide financial advice solutions in a general financial services context.
- Apply good conduct and the principles of professionalism in a general financial services context.
How will you be assessed
The course includes a number of scenario-based multichoice assessment questions conducted online, which take under an hour to complete. Students will be required to complete and pass 80% of all multichoice questions. Students will get two attempts to meet this requirement.
How long is the course?
The course duration is 8 weeks including additional sessions depending on the learning method selected as outlined below:
- Online learning: self-directed study via Strategi Institute CPD platform – Radar only.
- Online facilitated classroom via Zoom: self-directed study via Strategi Institute CPD platform – Radar, plus one four-hour session facilitated online via Zoom.
- Face-to-face classroom learning: self-directed study via Strategi Institute CPD platform – Radar, plus one session of 4 hours face-to-face workshop. Students have the option to complete the assessment at the venue after the workshop.